The Florida Community Loan Fund (FCLF) is a non-profit lending institution providing capital and expertise to make projects successful and help organizations improve lives and low-income communities throughout the Sunshine State. Established in 1994, FCLF operates statewide from a network of offices in Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.
FCLF is seeking an experienced Loan Portfolio Administrator to facilitate loan closings, administer draws, and assist in the management of a growing commercial loan portfolio of community development loans originated throughout the state of Florida.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
FCLF financing has helped more than 130 organizations succeed in their projects, providing over 150,000 Floridians annually with housing or social services through 260+ lending transactions to projects totaling over $877 million. FCLF became Florida’s first certified statewide Community Development Financial Institution in 1996 and has been certified as a Community Development Entity since 2004.
Currently, FCLF has $62 million in total assets, a staff of 17, and an operating budget of $3-4 million. It has an active loan portfolio of $44 million and manages a $188 million portfolio of New Markets Tax Credit investments. FCLF Strategic Plan emphasizes significant growth over the next 5 years and we are adding staff now to keep pace with this growth.
- Preparing or reviewing drafts of loan commitment letters with the Community Development Loan Officers.
- Preparing commercial real estate loan documents (Promissory Note, Mortgage, Loan Agreement, etc.), and ensuring all required due diligence items, including but not limited to, title and survey issues, ESAs, property condition reports and appraisals, are reviewed and satisfactory prior to loan closing and disbursement of funds.
- Coordinating loan closings with borrower, title company, attorneys, other lenders, municipalities, etc. Maintaining ongoing communication with the Loan Fund’s attorneys to ensure adequate legal assistance with loan closings.
- Reviewing third party information (draw requests, AIA forms, inspection reports and other due diligence items) and recommending advances on construction loans and other line of credit facilities.
- Ongoing tracking of construction loan agreement and loan agreement covenants. Identification of borrowers that are not in compliance with loan agreements.
- For each loan file, consistently maintain borrower contact information, insurance information, financial statements, UCC-1 financing statements and any other time-sensitive documentation.
- Consistently confirm complete and accurate database of borrowers and loans within loan portfolio software.
- Responsible for follow-up with delinquent borrowers.
- Perform periodic site visits to borrower’s project sites to monitor construction and/or the ongoing viability of the project/collateral, as well as for customer relations.
- Close interaction with FCLF Finance Department for reporting, funding, payment, audit issues.
- Assist with collection and reporting of data and measurement of social impact of loans made.
- Assist, as required, with other duties relating to lending, finance, or development.
- Serve as back up to Loan Portfolio Analyst functions regarding maintenance of loan portfolio tracking system and monthly reporting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience administering a commercial real estate loan portfolio.
- Minimum 5 years of experience closing commercial loans including ability to create or review legal documentation (notes, mortgages or security agreements, loan agreements, etc.). Proficiency in the review of title insurance commitments/policies, surveys, collateral, lien filings, appraisals, hazard and general liability insurance evidences, environmental reports or other third party information.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, affordable housing, community development finance and the nonprofit industry is preferred.
- Extraordinary record keeping abilities and attention to detail, and a proven capacity to produce consistently accurate and high quality work.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel experience, including, but not limited to downloading and integrating raw data from other sources and creating reports and other spreadsheets. Experience working with one or more commercial loan portfolio management software programs.
Maturity, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently and cooperatively with others located across the state are essential qualities of the desired candidate, as are strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight time constraints. Some travel.
The position is part of the organization’s lending team and works closely with the finance department. Candidates must have a commitment to social and economic justice and a strong interest in community development.
Location: The position is based in Orlando.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative organization with the vision and expertise to make a difference in disadvantaged communities throughout Florida.
- A competitive compensation package
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions
- Opportunities to work with a dedicated team who are driven to aid distressed communities
- Your experience in COMMERCIAL real estate loan administration; number of years and position(s) held;
- Experience in closing commercial loans including ability to create or review legal documentation; number of years and positions held.
In the e-mail subject line, please note you are responding to the Portfolio Administrator position.
Applications without a cover letter containing the above information will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Florida Community Loan Fund, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.