The Florida Community Loan Fund (FCLF) is a non-profit lending institution providing capital and expertise to make projects successful and help organizations improve lives and low-income communities throughout the Sunshine State. Established in 1994, FCLF operates statewide from a network of offices in Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. FCLF financing has helped more than 150 organizations succeed in their projects, providing over 183,000 Floridians annually with housing or social services through 275+ lending transactions to projects totaling over $910 million.
FCLF is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO with duties including general office management and administrative support for other executives. The position is located in the Orlando office.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Senior team as well as liaison and oversight of office systems including IT, telecommunications, mail, etc. This individual will perform duties to provide administrative support for any range of corporate office functions including scheduling and preparing for Board and Committee meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, organizing and distributing materials, maintaining files and assisting with computer user support.
- Schedule Board, Committee, and Management Team meetings on behalf of Chief Executive Officer and other department heads. Communicate with invitees, compile, organize and issue materials as provided by others in preparation for meetings, arrange for meeting space, and order food and set up for meetings as required. Take and transcribe meeting minutes, ensure proper signing and maintain records of signed board packages and minutes in keeping with requirements.
- Support CEO administratively with special requests including research projects and other miscellaneous duties
- Prepare and issue authorized communications to staff relating to policy and procedures or other notifications resulting from meetings. Conduct basic research as requested, reporting back to primary function heads, and conduct follow-up tasks relating to policies or other issues as requested.
- Provide administrative services for FCLF Board members and other volunteers, including producing and maintaining board member manual, assist board members with travel arrangements, and process travel reimbursements.
- Perform any range of administrative support for CEO, CFO, Chief Lending Officer, and Director of Government Relations as requested. Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings, maintain mailing lists, maintain files, issue group e-mails on their behalf and assist with technology to provide user support or prepare documents, presentations, and spreadsheets as required.
- Maintain corporation files, set up NMTC corporate entities, order Certificates of Corporate Status reports as required and file annual reports to the State for all FCLF and NMTC entities.
- Provide support for employment and onboarding of new employees. Maintain lists of appropriate advertising sites and post job announcements as required. Schedule interviews with applicants, prepare orientation packages for new employees and schedule orientations. Coordinate and implement onboarding procedures; order required office furniture, equipment, and supplies for new staff, coordinate with IT provider to arrange for computers and set up on the network and order business cards.
- Maintain the corporate CRM in Salesforce and coordinate with other functions to support their CRM needs.
- Order and maintain office supplies, ensure that copier and postage meter are supplied and remain operational, maintain kitchen supplies, stock courier supplies and prepare packages for delivery, and coordinate facilities requirements with landlords.
- Provide for user support for individual computers, coordinating with IT provider and CFO as required.
- Answer and direct telephone calls as required and ensure that telephones and conference lines are in proper working order.
- Act as a liaison with outsourced IT consultant on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and network outages.
- Maintain electronic staff calendars and organize team events.
- Provide timely and proactive management of the organization’s office environment including:
• Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department;
• Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
• Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
• Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
• Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and backup to security access cards, etc.)
• Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
- Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Display engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment, and provide a positive and energetic attitude.
- Provide systematic and dependable follow-up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness.
Other Duties May Include:
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and workgroups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Use personal computer and peripherals, network systems, standard and customized software applications and tools including MS Office Suite, Salesforce and usual office equipment.
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Four years minimum experience as an executive assistant/office manager in high-level administrative support role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) (Preferred)
- Friendly, Outgoing demeanor
- Professional appearance and telephone manner is essential
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Outlooks skills required
- Other computer skills including Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, and Internet-based research
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle new situations and determine what actions are required
- Highly developed sense of professional courtesy
- Ability to Multi-Task and work with minimal supervision
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative organization with the vision and expertise to make a difference in disadvantaged communities throughout Florida.
- A competitive compensation package
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions
- Opportunities to work with a dedicated team who are driven to aid distressed communities
- experience as high-level executive assistant; number of years and position(s) held
- experience in office management; number of years and position(s) held
Applications must include a cover letter containing the above information and salary requirements to be considered. No phone calls please.
In the e-mail subject line, please note you are responding to the Executive Assistant / Office Manager position.
The Florida Community Loan Fund, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.